5 Sequels Better Than The First Book

Hello readers, I’m finally free to read as much as I want since I’ve finished my summer exam session! I can’t actually believe to be able to laze whatever I want, so I try not to waste my time and write a useful article.

It’s a different topic from my ordinary reviews, but now I have more free time so I hope to post more frequently here.

As you can read from the title, today we’re going to talk about sequels I liked even more than the first book. They’re fantasy books and the great part made me cry, but there’s no shame in admitting it. Am I right? Anyway, let’s move on.




5


The Kingdom of Copper is the second book in the Daevabad Trilogy, one of my personal favorites. I've loved the City of Brass, don't get me wrong, but in this book, the characters' backgrounds are deepened and I felt more connected with every one of them, especially with Nahri and Ali.

I can't say much about it since I don't want to spoil anything significant for the plot, but if you love a book full of descriptions, political intrigues, relatable characters, and friendships you'll never forget, then you will love the Daevabad Trilogy.




4

Our Violent Ends is the last book of Chloe Gong's debut duology These Violent Delights, if you want to read my thoughts about it, you can read my full review here on my blog.

These Violent Delights was a great debut, a novel that you can devour quickly, falling in love with the characters and their backgrounds. But I found the first book the prologue to what was about to happen between Juliette and Roma, plus I didn't quite like Roma, so Our Violent Ends was really the perfect sequel.

It made me fall in love with the side characters even more, and the book was so well-written and dramatic that I couldn't help but cry all my tears. Can't wait to know Rosalind's story.


3

Chain of Iron is the second book in The Last Hours trilogy. Since I grew up with Shadowhunters, I was afraid to read these new books. After not liking the last book of The Dark Artifices, I was even more frightened of not liking it. The first book was good, but nothing special since I didn't feel connected to the characters. But in this second book, my heart was about to explode with joy. I liked every single word. It is slow and many things were re-used from other Shadowhunters books, but I loved it nonetheless.

Matthew stole my heart and so did Cordelia, Lucy, Jesse, Alastair, Thomas (especially their relationship), and even Grace. The one I still can't stand is James and it really bothers me.

In the end, I can assure you that if you like Cassandra Clare's previous books, you'll like this series too.


2


I had to include the notorious A Court of Mist and Fury. It's the second book in the A Court of Thorns and Roses series, but I think there isn't much to say.

Many fans didn't like the first book and fell in love with this one. It's not my favorite series, but it's the first series I read in English, so it has a special place in my heart.

However, if you liked ACOTAR, then you should totally continue and read this one. Our Feyre grows more and more, and she finally finds what she was looking for.




1


The Poppy War. I can end this article here, but I need to talk about this book. The one who broke my heart into tiny pieces and then destroyed what remained of it. I still need to read The Burning God, but the truth is I'm afraid of suffering even more.

In The Poppy War, there was something amiss, something I found in this second book. The characters seem too real to be part of a book, they can't be just words on paper. R.F. Kuang wrote one of the greatest books of all time.

What can I say? Read this trilogy, you'll thank me later.



Thank you for reading until the end. You probably know all these books, but I wanted to express my personal opinion! Let me know in the comments if you liked the first books more or didn't like these series at all. 

Bye readers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Babel, or the Necessity of Violence: An Arcane History of the Oxford Translators' Revolution: book review